Monday, July 28, 2008

First Draft of Position Paper

As we had been told before, this time around for our tutorial this week we have to hand –in our first draft for position paper. During my way to the session, I kept wondering what Mr. Omid will ask us to do today. The questions that come to my mind are “are we going to learn another story” or “are we going to read another story and keep practice doing a thesis statement and supporting points? . Whatever it is, I hope it will not so bored as last tutorial.

Well, as for this week the activity that we had done was not so bad. Mr. Omid had asked each person in my class to write down the thesis statement that we had think and wrote down on the whiteboard. Besides, we had to explain to the class the points that can support our stands. He then will give the comments regarding on our thesis statements and supporting points. If he thought that our theses quite vague, he somehow or rather will gave his ideas on that or asked us to think another possible ideas.

Unfortunately, the class was finished before my turn arrived. However, thank God Mr. Omid did not quickly went out from the class after the class so I had chance to met him for a short minute to ask regarding my thesis statement and idea.

Personally, for this week activity was really useful to me because it helps and guides me on improving my skill to write my position paper. On the other hand, this activity teaches me how to learn from others’ mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes that my friends did while I’m preparing my position paper later.

No comments: