Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Implementation of using Limerick in ESL classroom..

When I went home and read again on the activity on Limerick that we had done, made me think why not I applied the lesson in my class perhaps during my teaching practices.
Other than having fun I think when we use Limerick in the class, we can use it to teach vocabulary as well as grammar instead of having drills and drills for students to memorize certain words. Of course this will more interesting for students and will reduce students anxiety on learning vocabulary. Indirectly, it will help students to memorize better and use in their daily life.
On the other hand, I think we can use it to develop students’ creativity in class. This is because in order to complete the Limerick, students have to generate ideas. I believe that students nowadays are more creative. Thus, we can observe how far creative of our students by reading their own writing on limerick. Therefore, we can use their creativity in literature’s activities such as dramatise.

No comments: