Monday, October 13, 2008

Me and Poetry…

On the 21st August ago, we don’t have clad with Dr. Edwin. However, he had invited a guest to give her speech on her experienced in Poetry. She is a poet and a half Canadian half Jamaican. But I cannot remember her name..huhu.
She really made me a little bit fallen loves in Poetry even though before this I admit compare to novel, short stories, drama and play that I learnt in literature I do not have passion in poetry at all. However, the way she managed the activities on that day had open my eyes to see poetry in different perspective.
The three questions (“What do we know?”, “What do we think we know?” and “What do we want to know?”) are helping us to think more in depth than just analyzing the surface of the poem. She is giving us a poem entitled “Lulu” by Charles Causley and at first we were required to read aloud the poem, read it silently and then read it aloud again.
Then, it comes to the challenging part of the activities but still interesting to me. We are asked to write the poem from the perspective of Lulu, Mother or the narrator by our own or perhaps later on we can combine the ides with our ten group members. After that we had to point a person from our group to present and recite the poem.
Seriously I would like to thank Dr Edwin because brings such an inspiring person like her to give a speech. She had made me think again my perception towards poetry…

No comments: