Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Inspiring Speech

Last week, on 9th October 2008, during the class, we had discussed on speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. The speech is entitled “I Have a Dream”. It was delivered on the steps at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C on August 28, 1963. The speech was actually about to banish discrimination among Negro.
If we noticed from his speech, he used a lot of binary words. This gave the speech so meaningful. In order if we want to look closely his speech, we have to enable his choices of words. I admit that his speech was so unique because the element of binary words that he used in his speech. However, in the beginning of the lesson, when Dr. Edwin told us the way he delivered the speech during that time was so inspiring people. I wondering what made he said so..His words when describing regarding the way Martin Luther delivered his speech made me excited want to watch the video on his speech.
Luckily, even though at first we had problem to download the video but then one of my course mate, Irawaty had able to download it. Wow, that is the first word came out from my mouth when I watched the video. I agreed with Dr. Edwin the speech was so inspiring. I amazed with crowd. Every place and road was full with people. This proves that Martin Luther King can inspire people with his words. Sadly, I knew from the internet that he died because assassinated.

No comments: